BRING TOGETHER A GROUP OF FIVE OR MORE WOMEN
- You do not have to be a grandmother and you do not have to be a good
singer. You do have to have a lot of spunk and believe in progressive politics.
- Strive to start with a multiethnic group. It's very difficult to change
the racial composition of an established group.
- It helps to have one person who is the song leader.
- Make a "Grannies" sign and take it to all performances.
DRESS FOR THE PART:
- Go to your closet or the thrift store and get crazy hats and a "granny
costume". The more colorful the better.
FIND SONGS TO SING THEN PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE:
- Get our songs from the webpage... songs page.
- Being able to carry a tune helps, but clear enunciation of the words
is more important than being in the right key.
- The Seattle Grannies practice twice a month and perform about two gigs
per month. We find this keeps us plenty busy.
- If everybody knows 5 or 6 songs by heart, you can usually wing it with
KEEP IN TOUCH:
- Have a telephone tree to keep in touch with everyone in your group.
- Please let us know of your existence so we can post you on the WEB.
- The Canadian Raging Grannies get together once a year for a national